Let us take care of bringing the best of Yukon winter to you. We offer a wide variety of exciting winter activities, neatly packed in convenient itineraries. Whitehorse is not as far away as you may think: A convenient flight of only 2 hours brings you from Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver to the capital of the Yukon.
5 Days / 4 Nights - Yukon Winter Activity Package
- Guided Aurora Tours at our private viewing site
- City Tour Whitehorse
- Pilot your own snowmobile in ice of Fish Lake area
- Mush your team of huskies along the Takhini River and through the Ibex Valley
- Photograph Yukon wildlife at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve and relax in the soothing waters of the Takhini Hot Springs.
Dates: December to March (depending on snow conditions)
Rates: $1395 + GST, per person, single supplement $250 + GST
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse
- 4 night's accommodation in a downtown Hotel
- Admission to Wildlife Preserve and Takhini Hot Springs
- Guided Aurora Tours
- One day Snowmobile Tour
- One day Dog Mushing Tour
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide for the duration of the tour
4 Days / 3 Nights – Northern Lights Package
Northern Lights viewing activities take place outside the city. A heated, cozy cabin or wall tent is available for your comfort. Hot drinks and snacks are provided.
During the day you can "spice-up" your winter experience by booking half or full day tours of dog mushing, snowmobiling, ice fishing & snow shoeing or sample it all with our popular "Winter Adventure Activity Package" (see above).
Dates: Aurora Viewing available from December 1st to April 15th
Day Tours availability depending on snow conditions
Rates: $625 + GST, per person, single supplement $185 + GST
• Airport transfers in Whitehorse
• 3 night's accommodation in a downtown Hotel
• Information meeting and city tour
• 3 guided Aurora Tours
• Knowledgeable and experienced guide for the duration of the tour
Things to know for all winter outings:
Average winter temperatures are between -5° and - 25° Celsius / 25 to -35 degrees Fahrenheit, but extremes may be as low as -45° Celsius / -50 Fahrenheit. We ask you to bring adequate clothing to withstand these temperatures. You may buy winter clothing in Whitehorse or rent a clothing package, please inquire at time of booking.
Our tours have elements of an expedition and therefore changes in the itinerary due to weather and road conditions are a possibility. We explicitly reserve the right to adapt the tour itinerary.
Retreat to a cozy log cabin on secluded alpine lake Check it out here
Dog Sledding Adventures from 3 to 10 days. Click here for details
Ice Roads: Let us take you along the famed Dempster Highway all the way to
the Arctic Ocean - and beyond! learn more here
back to journeys